Department of Computer Science AGH and IBM Software Laboratory in Krakow invite to Krakow Quantum Informatics Seminar (KQIS)
• understand and discuss current problems in quantum informatics,
• discuss new quantum computing technologies,
• exchange ideas and research results,
• integrate information across different research teams,
• build a community around quantum informatics.
Venue: Centrum Informatyki (D17) ul. Kawiory 21, 30-055 Kraków, room 1.20
Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 09:00-10:00
Tomasz Stopa, IBM Lab Krakow
Topic: IBM-Q: hardware, software, future...
IBM-Q is an IBM quantum computer available to anyone in a cloud. During the presentation an overview of this system will be provided. We will describe hardware implementation, physical phenomena allowing to create and manipulate qubits as well as basic parameters. Then software stack including development SDK will be presented together with examples. We will conclude reviewing next steps in IBM-Q development and near-term applications of the system.