Department of Computer Science AGH and IBM Software Laboratory in Krakow invite to Krakow Quantum Informatics Seminar (KQIS)
• understand and discuss current problems in quantum informatics,
• discuss new quantum computing technologies,
• exchange ideas and research results,
• integrate information across different research teams,
• build a community around quantum informatics.
Venue: Centrum Informatyki (D17) ul. Kawiory 21, 30-055 Kraków, room 1.19
Tuesday, 3rd of December, 2019, 9:30-11:00
Tomasz Stopa, IBM Software Laboratory, Kraków
Topic: How to get most of NISQ computers with Qiskit
Current Noisy Intermediate Scale Quantum (NISQ) computers have multiple limitations. These are caused by gates and readout errors, topology limitation and the need to express more advanced gates with natively implemented ones. Additionally, limited relaxation and coherence times require high optimization of the circuits.
However using NISQ computers with awareness and additional software help can give good results. We will review Qiskit capabilities here. So, if you use Qiskit or plan to, this is an opportunity to deep dive into certain areas, but also meet and discuss.