Department of Computer Science AGH and IBM Software Laboratory in Krakow invite to Krakow Quantum Informatics Seminar (KQIS)
• understand and discuss current problems in quantum informatics,
• discuss new quantum computing technologies,
• exchange ideas and research results,
• integrate information across different research teams,
• build a community around quantum informatics.
Venue: via Internet, Webex
Tuesday, 16th of June, 2020, 9:30-11:00
Paweł Topa, Department of Computer Science, AGH Krakow
Topic: When the asymmetric cryptography will be outdated?
We expect the large quantum computers fully operational not only with hope but also with a great fear. The most famous algorithm for quantum computers, i.e. the Shore algorithm, will break the most famous algorithm asymmetric cryptography called RSA in a few minutes instead of several centuries.
In my presentation, I will present the RSA algorithm and other asymmetric cryptography algorithms as well role they plays in the modern world. I will explain what tactics Shore proposed to the factorization of integer numbers problem. And quantum computer scientists will already know to proceed ...