Department of Computer Science AGH and IBM Software Laboratory in Krakow invite to Krakow Quantum Informatics Seminar (KQIS)
• understand and discuss current problems in quantum informatics,
• discuss new quantum computing technologies,
• exchange ideas and research results,
• integrate information across different research teams,
• build a community around quantum informatics.
Venue: via Internet, Webex https://ibm.webex.com/meet/tomasz.stopa
Tuesday, 6th of October, 2020, 9:30-11:00
Tomasz Stopa - IBM Quantum Ambassador, IBM Software Laboratory in Krakow, PL
Topic: IBM’s roadmap towards million qubits
For last 20 years quantum computers evolved from single qubit to 65 qubits in IBM’s Hummingbird quantum processor. However, the progress is not linear here, quantum technology progress accelerates – as can be seen on quantum volume example which doubles every year.
During the presentation, IBM’s roadmap will be presented for quantum computers’ evolution in next years. We’ll discuss both the goals as well as technology which will be used to achieve them.